Donnerstag, 27. März 2014


Lesson 123 - 159
Written by Rainer: rainer.lehrer@yahoo.com
Learn languages (via Skype): Rainer: + 36 20 549 52 97 or + 36 20 334 79 74
------------------------------------------------------------------

2.2.1) The old shed

Nasreddin had an old shed. It had no windows, it was very dark there and there were many old things. One day Nasreddin went into the shed, he needed a ladder. In the shed he slipped on a banana and fell against a big garden fork. The fork hit him on the head and knocked him down. It fell on him and hit him on the left leg. The fork’s ends went into his long beard. He fought with the fork and threw it off, jumped up and ran out of the shed. He was very angry. He had an old sword under his bed, and took it. He ran back into the shed, opened the door and shouted, "Well, come and fight! I am not afraid of you!"

2.1.2) An artist

An artist travelled to the country for a holiday. He took a room at a farm. In the morning, he went with his paints and brushes into the countryside and painted. And when it was dark, he went back to the farm, had a good dinner and went to bed. At the end of his holiday, he wanted to pay for the room, but the farmer said. "No, I do not want money. Give me a picture! What is money? When it's all gone in a week, your picture will still be here?" The artist was very happy and thanked the farmer. The farmer smiled and said: "No, no! I have a son in London, he wants to be an artist and when he comes, I'll show him your picture and I think he won’t be an artist anymore!"

2.1. 3) A bad heart

A woman went to the doctor. She had a bad heart. It was a new doctor, and he didn’t know her. He first asked her: "How old are you?" "Well," she replied, "I do not remember, but I will think." She thought for a minute and then said: "Yes, now I remember. When I married, I was 18 years old, and my husband was thirty. Now my husband is sixty, and that's twice thirty. So, I'm twice eighteen. That's thirty-six, isn’t it?"

----------------------------------------------
Further to Lesson 150!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen